Rochester Catholic Schools is committed to delivering accurate, timely and informative communication messaging. Our communications team handles media inquiries, press releases, system marketing, website, and other tasks that involve sharing important information with RCS families and the community. This page is designed to help staff, coaches, and volunteer groups publicize their events and efforts. Please see the categories below for help with specific concerns.
RCS desires that students and their families are the recipients of effective communication that supports Rochester Catholic Schools visibility and reinforces the value of the RCS mission.
For communication questions or inquiries please email email@example.com or call (507) 424-1817.
- Electronic Communication
- RCS News & Events Calendar
- Social Media
- RCS Community Calendar/Advertising for Businesses
- Weather & Emergency Closure Notifications
- Publicity /Media Relations
- RCS Brand Guidelines/ System Logos
- Media Images
Weekly School Broadcasts
Rochester Catholic Schools will enroll families to receive our electronic school specific broadcast email, delivered every Friday. We strongly encourage our parents to read our weekly broadcast as it includes important news, dates, and information regarding school activities and events.
Stay connected to the happenings and exciting events at Rochester Catholic Schools by subscribing to the RCS Stakeholder, delivered to RCS alumni and friends. Click here to subscribe!
Rochester Catholic Schools is visible and connected with online and mobile platforms that include Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube. These online social media platforms are used for sharing content and information that is aligned with the vision and mission of the Rochester Catholic Schools system.
If you are looking to create a social media account on behalf of RCS, you must first meet with RCS Communications Specialist in the Department of Advancement to discuss the system's social media policies as well as strategy, goals, messaging, and best practices. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a meeting.
Social Media General Principles
These social media principles apply to all online and mobile platforms for sharing content and information, whether controlled by RCS or hosted by others, in which members of the RCS community engage in discussions or activities relating to RCS.
- All RCS branded social media accounts (pages, groups, etc.) must be administered by the RCS Department of Advancement.
- All use of social media must reflect the Christian ethics, values and teachings consistent with the mission and goals of RCS and the Roman Catholic Church.
- All use must be appropriate for promoting RCS’ activities or enabling and advancing student learning and will treat all people with dignity and respect.
- Any person, organization, or group wishing to use any Rochester Catholic Schools name, logo, mascot, or school seal on a social media account must obtain written consent from the RCS Director of Schools or RCS Marketing and Communication Specialist. RCS reserves the right to withdraw such consent at any time and demand that its logos and images be removed from any website, blog or social media page or account that is deemed by RCS, in its sole discretion, to be inappropriate, and/or inconsistent with the mission of RCS and/or the Church
- Under no circumstances should a blog or social media post disclose private information about students, other individuals, organizations, or groups.
Inappropriate use will not be tolerated and may result in removal of posts, account suspension, account removal, or other appropriate legal remedy. Illegal activity will result in law enforcement notification, if necessary. RCS reserves the right to pursue any claims it may have at law or in equity due to violations of this policy.
The Rochester Catholic Schools supports the many facets that our local community has to offer. To learn more about events that align with the RCS mission, visit our community calendar.
Rochester Catholic Schools will send out electronic messages related to inclement weather conditions.
Please know that the actual determination about weather related closures are made by the Transportation Department of the Rochester Public Schools in cooperation with the bus companies. Media announcements are made on local television stations (KTTC and KAAL) as well as virtually every local radio station and their web sites. As well, all RCS website home pages, Rochester Catholic Schools Facebook, and Twitter announcements will be posted.
Requests for publicity/media relations should be directed to the Department of Advancement (email@example.com) communication staff. The RCS communications staff serve as the designated liaison between the school system and the community. RCS communications will collaborate with local newspapers, television, and radio outlets and facilitate reporters’ access to classrooms, staff, and events.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for any media inquiries.
The RCS brand identity serves as an important asset and tool to help us tell our story in a compelling and cohesive way. The brand standards that have been established provide direction and help to clarify ambiguities that may exist when we create media and communications for our schools and school system.
The guidelines in this resource apply to every school and person that is communicating on behalf of Rochester Catholic Schools. Thank you for treating the RCS brand with care and intentionality, it is our face and visually represents our organization.
The RCS system logos and official fonts are available for use by printers by contacting the Department of Advancement. In no case should these logos be modified from their original design. Please review and adhere to the logo style guide created by the designer.
Pursuant to law, RCS will not release any personally identifiable information without prior written consent from parent or guardian. RCS must request permission for each child’s photo and personally identifiable information to be published on the system website or printed material.
All written consent forms can be obtained in each school’s main office. It is to be noted that RCS in not responsible for the actions of external media sources that violate this expectation regarding the protection of personal identifiable information.
There are many ways to communicate and share YOUR RCS story!
Email email@example.com - we want to hear from you!