System Main Site

rcs logo

Search

Menu Trigger

School History

St. Pius X School opened in the fall of 1956, serving students in grades K-8. Preschool was added in 2003. St. John the Evangelist School and St. Pius X School merged in 2006 to become one school, named St. John the Evangelist/St. Pius X School, with two campuses. The St. John campus served grades 5-8 and the St. Pius X campus served preschool - grade 4. As of 2019, the St. Pius X campus now serves preschool - grade 5 and is named St. Pius X School. The St. John campus is now a middle school, serving grades 6-8, named the Co-Cathedral of St. John the Evangelist Middle School.

To view the history of Rochester Catholic Schools, click here.