Our school routine is rooted in prayer because we passionately believe our constant connection with God is essential to a life-transforming relationship with Him.
Daily prayer at the Co-Cathedral of St. John the Evangelist Middle School:
- We begin each day with a scripture reading, reflection, and prayer.
- We have a Prayer Room in our school as place for students to pray and reflect
- We begin all school gatherings with prayer, including sporting events and practices.
- Our students pray before and after lunch.
- Our school day ends with a sending forth prayer.
In addition to these daily activities our students also experience:
- Students participate in Advent prayer services, Lenten Stations of the Cross, pray the rosary, attend adoration and celebrate the Sacrament of Reconciliation twice a year.
- In October and May, students focus on the rosary and May is also the month Catholics traditionally honor Mary, the Mother of Jesus with a May Crowning Celebration.
- In addition, our students are encouraged to work toward an appreciation and comprehension of selected prayers as outlined in every grade level of our religion curriculum.
At the Co-Cathedral of St. John the Evangelist Middle School, we believe that friendship with God is built by sharing all of our life experiences with Him in prayer. Our goal is to “pray continually" (Thessalonians 5:17), conversing with God while we teach, study, learn, play, in fellowship with one another throughout our day.