The Co-Cathedral of St. John the Evangelist Middle School is rooted in the tradition and history of St. John the Evangelist School, which was established in 1913 to carry out the educational mission of the Catholic Church. We are blessed to have served children for over 100 years!
The current school building was opened to educate students in grades 1-8 in the fall of 1957, with Kindergarten added in 1984. St. John the Evangelist School and St. Pius X School merged in 2006 to become one school, named St. John the Evangelist/St. Pius X School, with two campuses. The St. John campus served grades 5-8 and the St. Pius X campus served preschool - grade 4. As of 2019, the St. John campus is now a middle school, serving grades 6-8, named the Co-Cathedral of St. John the Evangelist Middle School. St. Pius X School serves preschool - grade 5.
To view the history of Rochester Catholic Schools, click here.