At St. Francis of Assisi School we believe that friendship with God is built by sharing all of our life experiences with Him in prayer.
Our goal is to “pray continually" (Thessalonians 5:17), conversing with God while we teach, study, learn, and play, in fellowship with one another throughout our day.
Our school routine is rooted in prayer because we passionately believe our constant connection with God is essential to a life-transforming relationship with Him.
Daily prayer at St. Francis of Assisi School:
- We begin each day with a scripture reading, reflection, and prayer.
- Each classroom has a prayer corner and typically begins each religion class with prayers of praise and petition for the needs of others.
- We begin all school gatherings with prayer, including sporting events and practices.
- Our students pray before and after lunch.
- Our school day ends with a sending forth prayer.
In addition to these daily activities our students also:
- pray the rosary for world peace on Thursday afternoons with a group of parishioners.
- participate in Advent prayer services, Lenten Stations of the Cross, and celebrate the Sacrament of Reconciliation twice a year
- travel to the Church of the Resurrection for Mass and May Crowning. This tradition of bringing flowers to a statue of Mary and 'crowning' her, is one way to express our great love and devotion to the mother of Jesus
- engage students in biblical study weekly, as we preview the Sunday Gospel and then discuss the homilies on Monday mornings