Our school routine is rooted in prayer because we passionately believe our constant connection with God is essential to a life-transforming relationship with Him.
Daily prayer at St. Francis of Assisi School:
- We begin each day with a scripture reading, reflection, and prayer.
- Each classroom has a prayer corner and typically begins each religion class with prayers of praise and petition for the needs of others.
- We begin all school gatherings with prayer, including sporting events and practices.
- Our students pray before and after lunch.
- Our school day ends with a sending forth prayer.
In addition to these daily activities our students also:
- pray the rosary for world peace on Thursday afternoons with a group of parishioners.
- participate in Advent prayer services, Lenten Stations of the Cross, and celebrate the Sacrament of Reconciliation twice a year
- travel to the Church of the Resurrection for Mass and May Crowning. This tradition of bringing flowers to a statue of Mary and 'crowning' her, is one way to express our great love and devotion to the mother of Jesus
- engage students in biblical study weekly, as we preview the Sunday Gospel and then discuss the homilies on Monday mornings