At Lourdes High School (LHS), we recognize the importance and impact of the spiritual retreat. Jesus himself modeled the importance of drawing away from the crowds for a time of rest, renewal, meditation and prayer. There is a gentle "power" in the retreat setting. It enables us to listen and speak with God, to be still, and to open our hearts to the gentle voice of the Holy Spirit and to one another.
Every Lourdes High School class experiences an off-site retreat for an entire day. We believe the retreat days are an important aspect of building young people’s faith, and spirituality. The retreat days enrich young people’s lives and are an important element of the mission of Lourdes High School. These retreat days are listed in the Campus Ministry schedule for the year. The one day retreats are a LHS requirement.
- Freshmen - Respect Retreat - Character Development, Journey of a Respectful Heart
- Sophomores - The Beauty Retreat, Interior Beauty Girls Retreat Journey of the Inner Heart and The Transforming Power of Courage - Boys Retreat, Journey of a Wise Heart
- Juniors - Service and Outreach - Journey of a Serving Heart
- Seniors - Companions on the Journey - Journey of a Grateful Heart
Kairos for Seniors - Optional This three day, three night gender specific retreat takes place at Dunrovin Christian Brothers Retreat Center St. Croix, MN. Girl's Kairos takes place in the fall and boys Kairos in the spring.
- Vocational stories of men and women who have been currently canonized as saints
- Presentations on current issues such as Immigration and Human Trafficking