Application Requirements & Resources
International Student Application Process
2019 - 2020 School Year
- Step 1: Apply to Lourdes High School
- Step 2: Application Review
- Step 3: Receive Acceptance Letter and I-20 Form
- Step 4: Pay the SEVIS I-901 Fee
- Step 5: Apply for a Student F-1 Visa
- Step 6: Notify Lourdes High School
- Complete the online application form and pay non-refundable fee of $125.00.
- Complete the parent questionnaire.
- Complete the Release of Information form.
- Submit a letter written by the student which includes the following information:
- A short biography
- Why do you want to attend Lourdes High School?
- Do you plan to graduate from Lourdes High School?
- What do you enjoy doing in your free time (hobbies, sports, activities)?
- Have you traveled outside your home country before?
- Something unique about your hometown/country
- Official School Transcripts: A transcript of your courses, credits, and grades from the past three (3) years is very important to our review process.
- These copies must be translated into English and include an official school seal.
- You must include course description for each of the courses on your transcript for LHS to accurately assess course content.
- TOEFL test score (minimum of 63 on the TOEFL iBT)
- Copy of Passport
- Updated medical records and completed immunization record form
- International students are required to have health insurance. Proof of this must be provided to Lourdes High School.
- Copy of I-20 if transferring from another school
Documents can be scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or paper copies can be mailed to the following address:
Melissa Pannell, International Program Coordinator
Lourdes High School
2800 19th Street NW
Rochester, MN 55901
- Prior to applying for a visa, the SEVIS I-901 fee must be paid. This payment can be made with a credit card on the internet at http://www.FMJFee.com
- Print your receipt. Proof of payment is required by the US Consulate.
- When a visa is granted, please inform Lourdes High School immediately (email@example.com)
- Inform Lourdes of flight and arrival arrangements when they are made.
- Provide proof of health insurance
- New student orientation will take place in August